Eventually, that Nexus 7 or Nexus 5 just won''t cut it and you''ll upgrade. What do you do now? You''ve spent a lot of time grooming and massaging your game notes so they''re just right and you certainly don''t want to do that again. Luckily for you, GM Toolkit has features built in to back up your notes and restore them to any device connected to your account.
Backing Up Your Notes
On the home screen, you''ll notice there is a Restore icon, which will refresh your data from the server. First, though, you need to get the information backed up. To do so:
- Long press the system you want to back up.
- Choose Backup from the list.
- Provide a Backup Description. It defaults to the system name and the current date.
- Press OK.
The backup process will begin and a notification box will display when the backup is complete.
Restoring Your Notes to Another Device
You can restore notes to any device which is connected to the account you are using to track purchases. To restore notes:
- From the home screen, press Restore.
- Choose the backup you want to restore from the list (these named during the Backup Description from the previous section).
The restore process will begin and run in the background. A notification box will display a message when the restore is complete.